As a Council Assistant, you have the same rights and tasks as a General Council Member: You will be in one of the Council’s committees, Education & Research or Organisation & Media, and you will be discussing topics very relevant to your academic experience at the Faculty of Economics and Business. You become a file holder of some files (topics) and try to achieve goals related to them. Every week, there is a one-hour committee meeting, and a two-hour Plenary Meeting with the whole Council (10 members). You can assign the rest of your time personally. Additionally, every 6 weeks, the Student Council has a meeting with the Faculty Board (the Dean, the Educational Director, and the Managing Director), where we discuss the most important issues.
Period: January – August 2018 (July and August are almost work-free)
Hours: 6-10 hours a week
What we require from you:
- A proactive stance in your activities for the Student Council.
- A flexible schedule.
- Ability to work in diverse teams.
- Intrinsic motivation.
- Strong, opinionated character.
Advantages of being part of the Student Council:
- You get to influence the policy-making process.
- You get to obtain invaluable experience, often looked for in your future career.
- You get to meet the most important people in the faculty but also interact with many students from different programmes and years.
- You get to work and study in our common office, namely REC E0.06.
- You get to drink free coffee, tea, and of course, hot chocolate.
- You get to participate in all events organised by the Council including drinks and teambuilding weekends.
Is this the perfect job description for you? Then you are the one we are looking for!
Apply before the 2nd of January by sending a short motivation letter and resume to email@example.com.
For more information, you can visit our website. There, you can download for example the minutes of our meetings, so you can find out what the Council is up to! Also, do not hesitate to contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook, or come and have a chat in our room, REC E0.06.
We are looking forward to your application!
– The Faculty Student Council Economics and Business